Meet Kyle LaCroix
Learn from education and experience
SETS Consulting is equipped with the research, knowledge and education from elite academic institutions and the United States Center for Coaching Excellence (USCCE) as well as the practical expertise of being an award winning, industry leading United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) tennis teaching professional and coach spanning four decades.
We ensure confidence and belief in each client to raise his/her career to a higher level. We look forward to working with you, your coaching staff and your players. At SETS Consulting, we set you up to set you apart.
Bio: Kyle LaCroix – Chief Education Officer
Growing up in the tennis rich environment of South Florida, Kyle LaCroix knew his career path from an early age. It was his dream to be involved in tennis. This passion led him to the innovative Professional Tennis Management Program at Ferris State University. Graduates of this unique program earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing with a specialization in Tennis Coaching and Administration.
After graduating from Ferris State, Kyle enrolled in the University of Michigan’s Graduate School of Business and received his MBA. In 2004, Kyle was hired as a teaching professional of a new club called The Oaks at Boca Raton. Kyle and the club staff were an integral part of changing the tennis landscape in South Florida. The Oaks at Boca Raton gained a reputation as the premier tennis club in the area. The club excels in player development, has quality staff and programming (variety of clinics) and utilizes technology to benefit its members.
In the fall of 2018, Kyle decided to go back to school and was accepted to Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education where he earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.
Kyle has also been named to numerous national committees, including a 2-year term to serve on the USPTA National College Curriculum Committee for 2014-2016. In early 2014, he was also named to the USPTA Florida Division “Under 30” Initiative executive Committee and in 2017 he was elected to serve on the USPTA National Membership Committee and in 2019 was selected to serve on the USPTA National Education Committee and the USPTA National Social Media Committee.
Prior to his work at the Oaks at Boca Raton, Kyle worked at Saddlebrook Resort. He was player development manager for the high-performance academy and coached in the adult program. He previously worked as a tennis professional at the prestigious Philadelphia Cricket Club where he organized camps, practices and all player/member services.
Kyle has experience working with players at each level of their competitive careers and at every stage of their professional and personal development. He is recognized throughout the industry as a reliable, hardworking, genuine presence. Kyle utilizes great people skills and is an exceptional communicator. He understands the important roles and responsibilities that federations, coaches and players carry with them on a daily basis.
Kyle is also a prolific writer. He’s been published in USPTA Addvantage Magazine, Baselines USPTA Florida Division Magazine, the tennis blog LoveSetMatch.net, TennisTribe Online Magazine and currently writes for the world’s leading tennis instructional website Tennisplayer.net.
- M.S.Ed, Educational Leadership, Stanford University 2020
- MBA, Marketing, University of Michigan 2006
- Ferris State University 2004
- B.S, Professional Tennis Management/Marketing
- 2018 USPTA Florida U30 professional of the Year
- 2017 USPTA Florida District Professional of the Year
- 2014 USPTA National Tester of the Year (At the age of 32 became youngest member ever to receive the award)
- 2012 USPTA FloridaTester of the Year
- 2011 USPTA Florida District Professional of the Year
- 2010 USPTA Florida Tester of the Year
- 2004 Ferris State University/Professional tennis management Scott Schultz Founder’s Award
- 2019-Present USPTA National Social Media Committee
- 2019-Present USPTA National Educational Committee
- 2017-2019 USPTA National Membership Committee
- 2017-2019 USPTA U30 Professional Development Committee Chair
- 2016-Present Ferris State University/Professional Tennis Management University Advisory Board
- 2014-2019 USPTA U30 Initiative Committee
- 2014-2016 USPTA National College Curriculum Committee
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- USPTA Elite Professional
- USTA High Performance
- United States Center For Coaching Excellence (USCCE) Certified Coach Developer
- USPTA Tester and Certification
- ITF level 3 Coach